happy hump day!
check out christina's (of the awesome blog, de.smitten) gift picks ... how cool is that cacti terrarium (#5)?!
1. French Vogue's former editor, Carine Roitfeld came out with a book filled with her editorials, showcasing her eccentric styling. Irreverent ($62) is inspiration for every fashionista!
2. I recently broke our digital camera, so we are in dire need of a new one! The Nikon Coolpix S8100 ($280) is small and has a great zoom lens.
3. I've been obsessed with Hugo Guinness's sketches for years! I would love either print, Briefs or Eyeglasses ($
275 each)... Simple prints that make great conversational pieces.
4. Recently I am craving a warm throw to have on the sofa. I love this navy graphic throw ($195) from Haus Interior. Made from combed cotton, it is great for all seasons!
5. One to kill every living thing in our apartment (except the cat!), I have faith in this hanging cacti terrarium ($160), from Score and Solder...it is artistic and hopefully kill-proof!
6. On the search for an everyday face wash that isn't too harsh for my sensitive skin, this Fresh Soy Face Cleanser ($15) sounds perfect!
7. Always keeping my eye open for the perfect vintage silk robe to wear while getting ready, this 1950's Kimono ($85) is perfect!
8. This cashmere scarf ($340) from A Peach Treaty, creates employment for skilled artisans working in socio-political strife around the world. It is also a great accessory with neutral colors and prints to go with any winter coat you wear this year!
9. Our apartment has electric heat=very expensive, so we keep the apartment at a cool 58 degrees all winter long. These adorably warm Rachel Comey Bunny Slippers ($290) maybe be expensive, but are indeed built to last. And they are maed from humanely found baby alpaca fur! Funfact = fact - Alpaca is one of the most sustainable fibers in the world!
10. After using a very cheap set of pots and pans for the past few years, it is time for an upgrade! Le Creuset set in Black Onyx ($580) would be the ultimate in Christmas gifts, or at least one piece would be a good start!