my favorite day in the city is this sunday - marathon day. i ran it in 2008 and it was one of the hardest things i've ever done but one of the best thing i've ever done. it was so awesome running through all five boroughs and having complete strangers cheer for you. the cheers literally carried me to the finish as i limped along behind my sister, meg. ugh. anyway, now i'm totally happy to be cheering on the runners .... with a cocktail in hand :) what to wear is always an issue because you're on your feet and it gets cold standing out there for hours .... and this sunday is going to be cold and windy, woof. so, i plan on wearing some sort of variation of this outfit ....
1. madewell cityblock turtleneck sweater - warm, comfortable and a classic
2. asos deep turn up beanie - beanie season has officially started
3. vans classic slip-on - cool and comfortable for standing all day. socks are a must though to keep warm (preferably no-show socks)
4. asos oversized scarf in grey check - i love a giant scarf and this muted plaid is so pretty
5. old navy rockstar mid rise super skinny jeans - black skinnies are a staple. these are so comfortable and a bargain! (AND 25% off with code SAVE. ends 11/5)
6. j.crew stadium cloth cocoon coat - love this style, it can go casual or dressed up and grey is so versatile (plus 25% today off with code STYLETREAT)
7. j.crew ring set - i love gold with grey
8. madewell the twin pouch crossbody - to carry just what you need and be hands free
tgif! and good luck to all the runners!